2 new Apple product evaluates released on our website and our YouTube channel today: the 2020 versions of the MacBook Air and the iPad Pro, reviewed by Edge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel and executive editor Dieter Bohn, respectively.
Nilay and Dieter also co-host The Edge‘s podcast The Vergecast, so on today’s episode, they dive into those reviews and compare how each handled their work on an useful daily basis. What is the computer to purchase in 2020 for the average consumer?
Zoom is transforming from an enterprise app to an essential customer app, handling everything from work-from-home calls to household video talks, Amazon’s storage facility employees are petitioning to improve security measures in their centers, and streaming apps like Disney Plus, YouTube, and Netflix are lowering streaming quality as web traffic increases. The Vergecast deals with how these responses from the tech and culture sections of the world are altering the ways we utilize the web.
There’s a lot more in between all of that– like a Dell app that can mirror your iPhone on your PC, Huawei releasing the P40 Pro, and Paul’s weekly sector “It’s my year of the Linux desktop, young boys”– so listen through here or in your favorite podcast app to hear it all.
Stories discussed today:
- Amazon storage facility employees are outraged after a coworker checked positive for COVID-19 and they weren’t informed
- ‘ We’re all going to get sick eventually’: Amazon employees are struggling to offer a country in quarantine
- It’s time for a routine Amazon everyday coronavirus briefing
- Twitter locks account motivating coronavirus ‘chickenpox celebrations’
- Zoom is 2020’s hottest yoga studio
- Apple states clients need to wait to get repairs locked inside its stores
- Best Buy moves to curbside pickup only as it sees surge in orders for office devices
- Disney Plus and Facebook are likewise lowering streaming quality in Europe
- Amazon and Apple are reducing streaming quality to minimize broadband strain in Europe
- YouTube signs up with Netflix in minimizing video quality in Europe
- YouTube creators find out how to movie throughout a pandemic
- Style influencers are reassessing their curated aesthetic appeals since they can’t leave their homes
- Fox will broadcast NASCAR’s replacement sim racing ‘season’ on tv
- Pro drivers are competing with gamers after F1 and NASCAR canceled races
- How to watch movies with good friends online
- Everything you need to know about the coronavirus
- Sign Up For House Screen: a newsletter to brighten your inbox
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) review: the very best Mac for most people
- Apple iPad Pro evaluation 2020: small specifications bump, big camera bump
- Never ever purchase hardware today based upon a promise of software application tomorrow
- The new MacBook Air and iPad Pro are currently discounted on Amazon
- Huawei hopes the P40 Pro can draw you far from Google
- Living a Google-free life with a Huawei phone
- Dell now lets you control iPhones from its PCs